Good chicken dinner recipes for two are not that easy to find. I have found a couple that are wonderful, however. It’s even better if you can find healthy chicken recipes for two people. Some great things about recipes for two people are, it helps you save money at the grocery store, encourages you to eat the right size portions, and helps with the problem of leftovers.
Types of Chicken Dinner Recipes For Two
There are several different types of chicken dinners for two that you can cook. Some people love a delicious chicken vegetable soup for two, and there is also quick chicken Cordon Bleu for two. You can also create chicken enchilada soup for two, chicken salad for two, or grilled chicken for two.
A Good Chicken Dinner Recipe For Two
Here’s a recipe for chicken breast with mushroom cream sauce for two. You want to be sure not to use an excessive amount of cream, as that can overpower the other, more subtle flavors. This recipe features mushrooms, a delicious cream sauce, served over baked chicken breasts.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
2 5-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 medium shallot, minced
1 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
2 tablespoons dry vermouth, or dry white wine
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, or scallion greens
Here’s how to cook this chicken breast with mushroom recipe for two:
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat your oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, turning once or twice; adjust the heat to prevent burning, until brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, in about 12 to 16 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add shallot to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, usually about 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms, cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in vermouth or wine; simmer until almost evaporated, scraping up any browned bits, about one minute.
- Pour in broth and cook until reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in cream and chives (or scallions); return to a simmer.
- Return the chicken to the pan, turn to coat with sauce and cook until heated through, about onr minute.
Note on portion size: Sometimes it is hard to find a chicken breast in a chicken dinner recipes for two that is the right size to be a good portion for one. You might try removing some of the chicken from the bottom part of the chicken breast to create a 4-ounce chicken portion.
Reviews of this recipe:
“This recipe was very easy and very tasty. Thank you!”
“I found this to be a delicious recipe, and have been wanting to make one like this for years.”
I hope this simple chicken dinner recipes for two is helpful to you. Cook it, enjoy it , and I hope it pleases your family. Sarah.
Here is some more advice from a real kitchen expert on cooking chicken dinners for two.